Hodan’s Covid-19 Response
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, Hodan is offering a telephone-based advice and befriending service for the Somali and wider BAME community in London.
We can offer advice in English and Somali on:
- Reducing the spread of the virus
- Understanding ‘social distancing’ – what’s allowed and what’s not
- Understanding official letters that you’ve received
- Meeting your basic needs (food, medication, etc.) while in isolation
- Coping with loneliness
- Accessing Universal Credit and government emergency support
- Dealing with housing problems during the crisis
- Education and employment issues
We can also signpost and refer people to agencies providing advice on debt, immigration and health issues, including mental health.
We are offering Online Zumba classes for women twice a week (via Zoom) to encourage physical fitness, improve mental well-being and reduce the impact of social isolation.
You can join Zumba classes on every Tuesday and Friday @ 11:00 AM by using the following Zoom meeting ID: 7882749946
Hodan is proud to be working with the Kensington & Chelsea Foundation through their Covid-19 appeal.